Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A View of "Pebbles", our home-away-from-home.....

"Pebbles" is the name of the Class-B motorhome that Advanced RV (Cleveland, OH) is renting to Amy and me. One of their associates and his wife are driving it out to our home in Vail, and then Amy, Molly, and I will drive it to Los Angeles, via Utah and Nevada. We've got an itinerary planned out, stopping and camping (in the RV) in some lovely state and national parks, which I'll post one day. However, it does include a two-night stop in Las Vegas (in The Delano Hotel)  for our 40th wedding anniversary dinner, and Thanksgiving dinner the next night!

Of course, one of the major issues on a trip like this for us is food, and wine. "Pebbles" has a refrigerator/freezer, a microwave, and a single burner cooktop. My food and meal planning skills will be challenged! We'll need to make do with warming up previously-cooked frozen meals, for the most part.  No, no, no - no mac'n'cheese for us! I'm planning a hearty ragu...a daube...chicken soup...veal marengo (an interesting history to that dish, but more on that another time)...chicken curry...Tuscan beans and sausage....and maybe bouillabaisse and/or paella, if I get around to it. A case of wine from our cellar will be placed somewhere on the vehicle, I promise.

Anyway, enough for now, I promised no long-winded blogs! But, here is a link that I hope works - it shows off "Pebbles", with a number of beautiful photos in the slide show. Please notice it is smaller than my wine cellar.....

http://www.advanced-rv.com/pebbles-motor-home/

Bye for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment