Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Meal Prep.....

Never having RV'd before, I figure as bad as it might get, as long as we have good food and wine, we'll be OK.....and, if as expected, we have a blast, then good food and wine will just be icing on the proverbial cake.

Made a yummy ragu last night and froze dinner portions for us. It's snowing and cold today here in Vail...Amy's visiting her mother, so it's just me and the pup. After a morning hike, and a visit to the store to shop, I'm going to make chicken curry, and Tuscan beans. I'll buy some good sausage at Whole Foods later in the week to serve with the beans. So that'll be three dinners.....I have veal shoulder and beef chuck coming on Friday from Lobels, so  I'll make Veau Marengo and a beef daube over the weekend.

As a special treat, I'm going to order our favorite desert, a dacquoise, from Megan Joy, a superb baker here in town. It freezes nicely in individual slices - assuming we don't eat the entire thing the first night! Hmmmmmm, a sauternes goes really nicely with that desert, so I need to remember to pack a bottle.....

2 comments:

  1. dacquoise,too??!!! I'm a lucky woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to look out the RV's windows!!! Can't get stuck in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete